Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

  1. #41
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    I don't know about all that, they seem to have played well all season long. To add to Jane Doe's post that the pitcher from JB didn't seem to be throwing 60mph, I said before and I stick by it that she can pitch consistantly around 60. Of course, I would venture to say that you have never been in the batter's box or behind the plate when one of those balls comes at you from 40 feet away. Both PV pitcher's pitch low to mid 50's and sometimes faster. But that is ok, you believe what you want.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    Both PV girls can bring it, and the Battle girl seem to also...PV hit the ball well enough to make some noise this weekend if the d will back it up
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  3. #43
    Inactive Member theWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2007
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    I was at the game and I didn't see anything near what I was expecting from Battle's pitcher. Based on what was posted here (upper 60s) I was not impressed. She was good and definately not slow but not what I was expecting. PV did well, they have a good hitting team. I was surprised at the choice of pitchers but Holdway did a fine job. Will they continue the rotation as long as they win? If so, she will pitch the State title game if they make it that far.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Margarette's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2007
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    I honestly think PV's pitcher's throw harder than JB's from what I seen today at the game... but that is just my opinion.. lol!

  5. #45
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    I have seen this girl pitch several game over the years and believe me, I know she can hit 60. She may not have done it today, but she can and does quite often.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Margarette's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2007
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen this girl pitch several game over the years and believe me, I know she can hit 60. She may not have done it today, but she can and does quite often.</div></div>

    I believe you... sometimes they just have a game they don't do as well.. PV can hit though, 60 or not... I know for a fact that last summer, Marie was throwing a consecutive 58 mph every pitch(but of course she was trying to throw hard because she was being radared, haha).We had Gary Mullins come to the park and radar her. I think she has improved this year, but I don't know exactly what she is throwing now. I plan to radar her when I get a chance.

  7. #47
    Inactive Member imported_123360885's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2007
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    the team's chemistry is just fine! Keisha is upset because she didnt get to play today, but who can blame her? PV has 13 girls that are all equally talented, its hard to make out the lineup im sure. and im sure its rough for her to sit on the bench when she knows she could be doin just as well as any of the outfielders playing!!

  8. #48
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    You know what I think is funny? I had told pac-eater-chucky, that JB couldn't hit the inside pitch. He wanted to argue me last night that 90% of their pitches were hig and outside. I knew better and argued that point to him. Then, this morning, their pitcher(PV) said herself they found out early that they(JB) couldn't hit the inside pitch, so that is where they threw it to. I guess that just shows you how much attention he paid to the game, and he is the assistant coach!

  9. #49
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    Good Job PV...Congrats on a big win...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  10. #50
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Powell Valley vs. John Battle (Softball)

    Ok, I'm glad that the Chemistry is fine...Just had to ask after seeing her yesterday...It has to be hard, I agree...I wish all the girls the best of luck this weekend! Bring home the gold to the LPD!
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •